Reduce image size, even with preview, using Trout GIF Optimizer
August 3, 2020
Trout’s GIF Optimizer allows you to reduce the size of a gif file without noticeable changes in its appearance.
You can preview the result of the optimization before saving. You can also change the background color of the Preview panes, in order to simulate your publication’s environment.
You can apply color reduction selecting between various methods, including palette.
Note that there is no button or menu option to save a color-optimized file! You need to right-click on the image at the preview pane and select the save option!
- Best free image optimizers to reduce file size
- Make GIF animations with 20 effects, using Beneton Movie GIF
- Optimize JPG, GIF, PNG, even with preview and resize, using RIOT
- Retouch, crop, resize, frame your images instantly with Ashampoo Photo Optimizer
- Convert a JPG, GIF, BMP or any image to ICO
- Increase and reduce volume on your PC using a keyboard shortcut, with VolumeTouch
- Preview PDF and image files fast, with STDU Explorer
- Optimize PNG graphics even converting JPG, GIF and more, with PNGGauntlet
- Create stick-figure animations even with text, to GIF or AVI, with Pivot Stickfigure Animator
- Reduce your stress and have fun with Stress Relief desktop games
- Stop and disable AVGIDSagent service to reduce CPU activity
- Reduce sound jumps at loud parts of movies, with Sound Lock
Tags: background colorGIFgif optimizeroptimizationOptimizerOptimizingpalette
I am finding this thing really difficult to figure out how to use. I am pretty computer literate (I build web sites for crying out loud), yet I can’t – for the life of me – figure out how to use this thing!
You are right, it is difficult to use. Please tell me on what stage precisely you are stuck. For me it was the Save stage, for which I right in my review that “there is no button or menu option to save a color-optimized file; you need to right-click on the image at the preview pane and select the save option”.