You may have activated HTML as the language of the file you opened in Notepad++, you may even have saved your file with an html extension, only to discover that the editor refuses to use all those convenient HTML colors that would let you easily locate the code sections and lines in your document.
You don’t need to change language or highlight modes, and of course not themes…
To solve your problem just go to Notepad’s Style Configurator and clear (uncheck) the option “Enable global foreground color”.
- Replace Windows Notepad for Syntax Highlighting, Regular Expressions, and more, with Notepad Plus Plus
- Replace Windows Notepad with Notepad Plus Plus advanced plain text editor
- Configure Notepad Plus Plus to use a smaller print font
- Add anything to the start or end of text lines with Notepad Plus Plus
- Simple regular expression to replace blank lines in Notepad Plus Plus
- Let Notepad Plus Plus start always by opening a default document you can decide
- Problems in making Notepad Plus Plus the default editor for plain text file types
- Save and transfer (import) your Notepad Plus Plus macros easily
- Replace Windows Notepad with any text editor easily, using Notepad Replacer
- Grab colors and find RGB and HTML values, with Color Cop
- Find HTML, RGB, HEX, HSB/HSV, HSL colors with Just Color Picker
- Enjoy real time preview of markdown code and context menu code insertion, with Typora