If MS Word Smart Quotes are strangely reversed
July 26, 2020
You may face this strange confusion in MS Word, quoting some text the starting quote is placed at the bottom of the word and is reversed (as if it was the closing quote).
The closing quote is also reversed, as if it were at the start of the text!
This strange behavior is caused by automatic language detection in Word. You must have pasted some text from elsewhere, and Word thinks that this text is in e.g. German.
To solve your problem disable automatic language detection (Review > Language) and manually define your newly pasted text as English.
- If suddenly the multimedia keys of your microsoft keyboard behave strangely
- Fix WordPress URLs containing apostrophes (quotes) that cause 404 error
- Enjoy desktop quotes or any messages, jokes, lyrics, questions, with Cookie Feeder
- Let this Quotes Desktop Gadget inspire you!
- Sharing Quotes by Pythagoras, Seneca, Camus, Woolf, Bronte, Erasmus, et. al.
- Defragment and optimize your disks even on schedule, with Smart Defrag
- Detect and save non-microsoft drivers, with Smart Driver Backup
- Learn a vocabulary, even with smart question asking, using OpenTeacher
- Weight loss reloaded: a smart, safe and easy way to get thin!
- Smart mute audio and video that plays automatically in Chrome browser
- Recover text from damaged MS Word documents with Repair My Word
- Batch convert MS Word files to simple text, with Zilla Word To Text Converter
Tags: Ms WordWordWord Quotes