Boot and clean a virus infected PC, with MS Standalone System Sweeper
July 22, 2020
Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper is a free recovery tool created by Microsoft, that will help you start an infected PC and perform an offline scan to identify and remove rootkits and other malware.
It can also be used if you cannot install or start an antivirus solution on your PC, or if the installed solution is unable to detect or remove malware on your PC.
The program is not a replacement for a full antivirus solution; it is meant only to be used in situations where you cannot start your PC due to a virus or other malware infection.
Check also this post for better security measures.
- Read, write, backup boot records, with DiamondCS Boot Sector Explorer
- If you cannot start Windows to clean a virus, Dr.Web LiveDisk will help
- Boot from a CD, DVD or USB disk to clean your PC from viruses, with Kaspersky Rescue Disk
- Erase PC activities history and protect your privacy, with Window Sweeper
- Recover a virus or spyware occupied PC system, with AVG Rescue CD
- Defragment your disks even system files on boot time with UltraDefrag
- QuickPHP lightweight standalone PHP web server to test and debug scripts
- Record your screen with effects and notes, to a standalone executable, with Screen2Exe
- Test and debug your site with QuickPHP standalone web server
- Create Flash presentations, standalone or HTML, with Powerbullet Presenter
- hMailServer easy to setup free eMail server for IMAP, SMTP and POP3, with spam and virus protection
- Remove fake virus attacks from your PC with Remove Fake Antivirus
Tags: AntiVirusMicrosoft AntivirusMicrosoft Securitysecurity