Restore missing context menu option to Create new text documents
July 28, 2020
If by some mistake you lost from your context menu the option to “Create new text document”, here is what you can do to restore this useful entry.
Create a plain text file with the .reg extension instead of .txt and paste there these lines:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
“Template.txt” is a plain text file without any lines in it. Just an empty text file that needs to be created in the folder you specified above.
Now, save this .reg file, run it to update the Windows Registry and enjoy!
- Recover the context menu option to create new text files
- Clean and customize your context menu entries, with portable Context Cleaner
- Enable or disable easily New File context menu entries, with ShellNewHandler
- Create restore points instantly using Single Click Restore Point
- View, create and delete instantly System Restore Points, with System Restore Manager
- Create and manage restore points easily with Restore Point Creator
- If your Windows Start, taskbar, action center option is grayed out in Settings
- Create multiple new folders at once, even with custom names, using New Folder Wizard
- Add image resizing options in the Windows context menu
- Add to Explorer Context menu custom commands, using FileMenu Tools
- Customize the Open With context menu, using OpenWithView to enable or disable programs
- Customize the SendTo context menu easily to add or remove options
Tags: context menuText Document