Mark junk folders read in Thunderbird automatically
July 26, 2020
Mark Junk Read is a great and simple Thunderbird extension that will automatically mark all messages in all junk / spam folders as read.
Thunderbird already does that for messages recognised as junk by itself, but not when user filters mark them. The extension is also useful for those who use IMAP servers.
If you hate those bold names in your junk folders, remaining even after you exit a folder in case you didn’t view the particular mail messages, you will appreciate this addon.
Check also this post on how I defeated eMail spammers once and for all!
Download the extension to a folder of your choice, and install it by going to Thunderbird > Tools > Add-ons > Install Add-on from file.
- Thunderbird can move spam automatically to junk folders
- Find, mark and delete, even automatically, duplicates with Fast Duplicate File Finder
- Clean USB drives from junk files and folders automatically, with USBDriveFresher
- Can Thunderbird use the same Junk filters in multiple accounts?
- Check your PC for viruses, spyware, junk files, and more, with Microsoft Safety Scan
- Clean and optimize your PC, fix registry errors, delete junk files and more, with HDCleaner
- Organize folders by grouping files into sub-folders automatically, with Alternate Archiver
- Batch create a lot of folders and sub-folders easily, with Text 2 Folders
- Write and read polytonic Greek: Fonts and Utilities, Accents guide
- Read Troparia, Kontakia, Lives of Saints, with Menologion
- If your PC suddenly became slow, read these tips for giving it some speed
- Read RSS feeds even with custom watches and several formats with FeedDemon
Tags: eMailEmail Spamjunk mailmozilla thunderbirdSpamThunderbird