Disable Windows Timeline instantly and protect your privacy
July 10, 2020
Windows Timeline can be a nice feature, but it’s not what you’d call a privacy saver!
To get rid of all this information immediately available to anyone that would press Win+Tab, is easy.
Go to Windows Settings > Privacy > Activity History, clear the option “Store my activity…”, disable the showing of activities of any accounts there mentioned (drag the slider to the “off” position), and clear their “history”.
That’s it. From now on Win+Tab shows only a “gallery” with your open folders and currently running programs.
- Protect your privacy and safety easily and efficiently, with W10Privacy
- Erase PC activities history and protect your privacy, with Window Sweeper
- Batch remove metadata from JPGs and protect your privacy, with BatchPurifier LITE
- Prevent file changes, disable auto run, even disallow connection of USB drives, with USB Write Protect
- Increase your Windows 10 privacy downloading ShutUp10
- Secure your privacy encrypting any file or folder, with S.S.E. File Encryptor
- Secure your browsing privacy remaining anonymous, with OnionFruit Connect
- Eliminate internet activity to hide your traces with Privacy Eraser
- Backup and protect your eMail profiles from Windows Mail or Thunderbird, with KLS Mail Backup
- Best free privacy applications
- Protect your Windows Startup configuration with Startup Monitor
- Close all programs and windows instantly, and Shutdown or Restart, with Rapid Close