One of the most convenient functions of WordPress is that you don’t need much trouble to embed a YouTube video: just paste the link and you are done!
There comes a time though when you discover that a pasted link remains just that, a link, and it won’t be magically transformed into a real video embedded in your page!
Nothing bad happened to your WordPress installation (most probably). The reason why there is no video but only a link, is that the video has been deleted or banned in YouTube!
This means, you need to find an alternative version of the video you need to embed in your page.
- YouTube video clips: link to specific parts with YouTube Exact
- Create or repair and embed subtitles to any video file, even with live preview, using DivXLand Media Subtitler
- Embed subtitles and convert a video with instant preview
- Batch export, import, create links in your WordPress blog
- Blogroll links dropdown list free plugin for WordPress
- If categories cannot be enabled in Recently Popular WordPress plugin
- Turn photos to video clips even with effects, and upload to YouTube with MemoriesOnWeb
- If a YouTube video does not start playing
- Stream audio and video via YouTube, Twitch, DailyMotion and more, with OBS Studio
- Make audio and video playlists from links, with M3U Dropper
- Edit MP3 tags, even update them automatically and embed cover art, with Mp3tag
- Edit audio tags, rename files, embed lyrics and cover art, with TagScanner