If Thunderbird is unable to remove an extension
July 27, 2020
You may try to remove (delete completely) a Thunderbird addon that you don’t need and you have already disabled, only to find out that the program is unable to delete it!
This is a problem you can fix easily; it is caused by folder permissions in your system profile’s Thunderbird folder. If this folder is configured as “read only” Thunderbird won’t delete its extensions.
Open Windows explorer and go to C:\Users\YourAccountName\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\
Select the “Profiles” subfolder and right click to open its properties.
Uncheck the “Read Only” option for this and all subfolders and files.
- Remove fake virus attacks from your PC with Remove Fake Antivirus
- Fix VLC if it is unable to play some MP3 files
- Unable to scroll browser pages with arrows and PgUp PgDn keys
- Are you unable to execute files in the temporary directory
- If you are unable to make VLC the default video player in Windows
- If you are unable to open a Word document in Draft view
- MS Word search problem, unable to find any keyword in a document
- Fix Firefox, even Tor version, if it is unable to open magnet links
- Copy short path, long path, internet path, UNC path, with Path Copy shell extension
- CPext sorts files by extension
- Touch files and folders date, with SKTimeStamp shell extension
- Detect unknown file types, regardless of extension, with TrIDNet
Tags: mozilla thunderbirdThunderbird