Musaios, a Thesaurus Linguae Graecae (TLG) and PHI CD ROM reader
July 31, 2020
Note that Musaios is shareware that can be used with limitations. For a completely free TLG / PHI reader you may like to check Diogenes.
Musaios works with the TLG CD ROM (containing Ancient and Byzantine Greek texts) and the PHI CD ROM (containing Old Latin texts).
The program has a convenient interface (no need to use the mouse all the time). Number of search matches is limited, and searches are rather slow. It copies only small amounts of text.
Musaios is currently available in a 32-bit native version for Windows. Please note that to use Musaios you must first get the Thesaurus Linguae Graecae (TLG) or / and the PHI CDs. These CD ROMs are not included in Musaios. Note also that the TLG collection is now available only on-line; the CD version is not updated any more.
- Explore the Thesaurus Linguae Graecae CD ROM with TLG Workplace
- Search and browse the Thesaurus Linguae Graecae CDROM, with Diogenes
- Organize MAME tools and emulate ROM files of Arcade games, with clrmamepro
- Find even hypernyms, hyponyms, meronyms and holonyms, with TheSage English Dictionary and Thesaurus
- Look up word meanings, synonyms, even pronunciation, with WordWeb English Dictionary and Thesaurus
- View and convert PDF files to text and images, with Perfect PDF Reader
- Subscribe to favorite sites for enclosures, podcasts and articles, with Feed Reader
- View and print PDF documents, with eXPert PDF Reader
- Christ Desktop Icon and New Testament Reader
- Icon of the Mother of God, a Desktop Gadget and Bible Reader
- Read mail dat files and convert attachments, with Winmail dat reader
- View and print PDF documents with SlimPDF Reader
Tags: greek textsLatin TextsmusaiosPHIthesaurus linguae graecaeTLGTLG CD ROM