You may find yourself in this strange situation, when the graph of your audio channels in Audacity has a lighter background that covers your selections, being in between your selections and the waveform, this way making it difficult to define accurately the part you need to copy or delete.
You don’t need to upgrade Audacity or change anything in the preferences. Just make sure you have not pressed by accident (or forgotten from a previous session) the “multi-tool mode” button, the one that resembles an asterisk.
Press the button of the “Selection Tool” (a vertical line at the upper left corner of the “Tools” toolbar), and the background in the wave graphs will disappear. Once again you are free to select and cut as always.
- Finding the right keyboard for you may be more difficult than it seems
- Record live audio, convert, multi-track mix, filter, auto-split, with Audacity
- Record web audio streams with Audacity easily without other capturing apps
- Batch retouch, equalize, filter and export to MP3, with Audacity
- Change wallpaper automatically from On Line and Local pictures, with Background Switcher
- Start your applications hidden in the background without interface, with HideApp
- Remove the image background of a subject, with Instant Mask
- If MS Word refuses to print your watermark or background
- Fix background flashes and distortions in MS Office programs
- If Photoshop is slow when it opens, working in the background
- Print any document as PDF, even adding background or watermarks, with clawPDF
- Change wallpaper in intervals even using Flickr or any Website images, with BioniX Background Switcher