If Thunderbird and Firefox cannot connect to Gmail
July 27, 2020
You may have been able until now to connect to your Gmail account with Firefox and Thunderbird (IMAP), yet suddenly you receive error alerts, that your password is not valid!
If you have not changed anything in the configuration of Firefox, Thunderbird and Gmail itself, here is what you can try.
Open Firefox and go to Options > Privacy. Clear Firefox cache and offline data, and also remove google cookies related with your Gmail account (accounts.google cookies).
In most cases if you clear these Firefox data, Gmail accounts work again without problems, even in Thunderbird.
- Monitor multiple Gmail accounts, even deleting mails, with Gmail Notifier
- Be notified for new Gmail messages automatically with Checker Plus for Gmail Chrome extension
- Missing Gmail sound notification in Thunderbird: get it back, add special alert to any account
- If you cannot customize Firefox navigation bar, add new icons etc
- Synchronize Gmail and Outlook contacts, merge address books and more, with GO Contact Sync Mod
- Use Gmail, Yahoo mail and more from any application, with Affixa
- Check Google mail and more, with Gmail Alert
- Be notified automatically for new mail in Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc., using Howard
- Let Gmail send autoresponders to particular senders you prefer to avoid or warn
- How to avoid receiving a copy of sent mail to your gmail inbox
- Connect to Amazon S3, Windows Azure, Google Cloud and Drive, with Cyberduck
- Connect Google with SOGo and Outlook, using Outlook CalDav Synchronizer