Easy to mount ISO images on modern Windows without any specialized app
July 24, 2020
You don’t need a dedicated application to mount ISO images, if you are on Windows 8 or later.
Just double click on the image and it will be mounted as a new drive. If you double click on your image and you are asked what program to use for opening it, select Windows Explorer.
Your image will be mounted instantly, and a folder will open for you to see the contents of the new virtual drive.
If the ISO extension is associated with a compression utility, such as 7zip, to mound the image right click and select to open it with Windows Explorer. Enjoy!
- Burn to any disk, burn ISO images, convert NRG - BIN to ISO, with CDBurnerXP
- Mount virtual drives from ISO, CUE, BIN RAW IMG, SMB images, with WinCDEmu
- Make ISO CD DVD images with Free ISO Creator
- Create and burn ISO or BIN disk images, even extract specific files, with ISO Workshop
- Save a DVD as ISO, even to remove copy protection, with BDlot DVD ISO Master
- If Facebook warns that to load this URL, add all domains and subdomains of your app to the App Domains field
- Install specialized codecs to play any video and audio file, with Satsuki Decoder Pack
- Create shortcuts without the shortcut prefix in modern Windows
- Create and mount strongly encrypted volumes for any folder or drive, with VeraCrypt
- Mount easily any image, even in RAM, as a virtual disk, with OSFMount
- Best free Windows calculators, simple or scientific, even specialized
- Download Official ISO images of Microsoft Windows and Office
Tags: ISOMountvirtual drive